Bubble Skirt


No comments

I'm not a huge girly girl and my daughter rarely has skirts or dresses on. I kind of think that at this age (7months) it just looks funny when they're learning to wriggle around and crawl and a dress or skirt is in the way. Harlow is learning to crawl at the moment and seems to get very excited with less clothing on her lower half, which allows her to  manuver  more easily around the house. Get her naked and she's off! 

BUT! i found a really cute and fairly simple pattern for a bubble skirt. This lovely blogger mummy has given two different sizes for this design (and both happen to be too big of my skinny mini) so i adapted the design to her measurements.

This is the link to the gorgeous bubble skirt tutorial: Handmade Baby Clothes


I haven't had much practice sewing in a ruffle so this tutorial had me practising a few times before i actually attempted the skirt. I will admit that it isn't my best work and i didn't worry about cutting the fabric straight or sewing straight (something i need patience and practice doing!!) i just wanted to see how hard it was to accomplish! So even thought this isn't my best work, i'll share it anyway and hopefully make another one soon!!


Unfortunately it is a little too small for my bubba (i miss measured!) But i think it's adorable!!


xx



Leave a Reply