Welcome!


No comments

Welcome to my new blog!

After giving birth to my beautiful baby girl in January i have become inspired to sew and create things for her. I'm not the best sewer in the world and definitely take the 'learn as you go' approach to most things (but that's half the adventure isn't it?). I have to also credit other fellow bloggers for my inspiration, after reading about a number of other mummy bloggers who are truly gifted and fabulous sewers i decided i wanted to improve a skill i was taught as a child.

Like alot of people i learnt the basics in home economics at school, but i was also lucky enough to learn at home as well. But as i grew up my interests leaned more towards baking and cooking than sewing and craft.

About a year ago after getting pregnant i was given (on permanent loan) a sewing machine to use to make some things before she was born. But being pregnant and working the last thing i wanted to do when i got home was sew. All i wanted to do was curl up in bed and sleep! Almost a year on and my baby is nearly 7 months old, i've settled into motherhood nicely. So now here i am ready to embark on a sewing and craft adventure!

I'm sure there will be plenty of ups and downs along the way but nonetheless i am looking forward to beginning!

xx
Shelley

Leave a Reply