Embellishing Onsies


No comments

So i read this fabulous blog about different ways to embellish onsies and it gave me some great ideas!

I just loved the idea of sewing a doily onto a plain white onsie. And much to my delight it was pretty darn easy. I decided to just practice on an old onsie that my girl has and i order a single pink doily off ebay for a few dollars.

There really wasn't much to it to be honest. You pin it in place (i chose to have it slightly wrapping around the side). Apparently you can machine sew it but i wasn't to confident doing that considering i only had one to practice on and my machine needs a bit of a service and an oil. So i hand sewed it up the center of the doily (trying not to stretch the fabric) then around the very edge, making sure there wasn't any loose flaps that could catch on anything my bub plays around (or wandering fingers could pull on).

and..........




the finished result is remarkable cute :)

There are a heap of other ideas on that blog so when im feeling a little lazy i might attempt another, but this one i'll definitely be repeating :)

Today's project involves the dreaded garden and the zillions of weeds that keep growing! (i have the least green thumb when it comes to gardening so good luck to me!)

xx

Leave a Reply